Monday, April 25, 2011

DIY Shelf

Lately I've discovered that I am really into the Bohemian style. Things like bright colors, cool patterns, distressed wood, and mis-matched stuff. I've seen a really cute shelf idea in a couple of magazines that I really want to try. First, you go to DI (Deseret Industries) or the Salvation Army or someplace like that and find a short old wooden ladder. You can use either side (of rungs), or you can use the whole thing. You paint it a bright color such as turquoise, lime green, orange, or even white, and then you distress it to let some of the natural wood show through. If you are only using one side you can lean it against the wall or if you have an A-frame you can just use it as a free standing shelf. You can't really stack anything on it, but you can hang scarves, bags, or even magazines. It looks super cute and stylish. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I'll post pictures so you can see the process. I have my dad looking for an old ladder on his frequent trips to the DI, so as soon as he finds one I'll try it out.

1 comment:

  1. okay missy here is the link to the DIY dress form...i expect some awesome clothes on free dress day! j/k....at least some tutorials here! http://shannonmakesstuff.blogspot.com/2010/06/duct-tape-dress-form.html

    ReplyDelete